Monday, July 19, 2010

Carrots mom.....I don't think so!!

This week Layton turns 6 months old.....so I decided we would start adding some veggies slowly to his rice cereal diet:) Well..... Layton takes so easily to most things I introduce him to that I really did not worry much that he would not like the new food.....little did I know:) So yesterday we tried some carrots for the first time....lets just say the little guy is not a fan:) He cracked me up because he would keep opening his mouth and taking a bite and then he would make a face and gag....he really did gag on them. After about 4 spoonfuls he just looked at me and then threw up all of the carrots on his bib. We tried carrots two times and the same thing happened both times. Most kids I have seen will squeeze their lips together and won't open them for the next bite.....I guess my little man did not remember from bite to bite that the same old stuff was about to come again!


This is how my kiddo tells me he does NOT like carrots. Tonight we tried some squash and it was a big hit....not once did he gag and he did not give it back to me:) Guess we will give the carrots a few more weeks before we bring them back. It's funny because I like most any veggie but the only one I won't eat....you guessed it...carrots! So, I don't blame him:)

post signature

1 comment:

The Wells Family said...

Too funny! Kate was never a big fan of veggies so I would have to alternate a bite of veggies with a bite of cereal or just mixed it in with her cereal. It worked, but to this day she is not a veggie fan.