Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Hoppy Easter




I just love Easter. I love going to church with family and celebrating the ressurection of our Lord. Matt and I had a great Easter morning. Matt is ushering at church now and he leaves a little before me to greet at church and then collect the offering. I am so proud of Matt. He loves serving in our church and I love that about him. Matt and I spent Saturday getting ready for Easter lunch. We had Matt's mom and uncle over for lunch after church. I bought some tulips and other bits of decor over the past few weeks so it was fun having all of that out when they came over.








I baked a cake on Saturday. It was delicious. It was a favorite I had when I was little. My "G" (grandma on my Dads side) used to make strawberry cake for us when we were little. I was craving it so I decided for Easter dessert we would have strawberry cake with strawberry icing. Gosh it made me think of my "G" and how much I miss her. It was so yummy! I got that cute little cookie at The Peach Tea Room in Fredricksburg this past week. I thought it looked so cute on top of the cake.




Setting the table for lunch was a lot of fun. I used my new decorative china my Mom got me to match some dessert plates I already had. I also got each person their own Peter Cottentail chocolate bunny to enjoy. We enjoyed ham, green bean casserole, rolls, pasta salad and potatoes. Everybody went for seconds so I guess I was sucessful fixing my first holiday meal. I can't wait to get a house and host a big group. It was an Easter to remember.






2 comments:

The Cobbs said...

Love the cake! I'm sure it was as delicious as it looks:)

Jeff and Steph said...

Ooh...I love the way you entertain. Reminds me of my mom. It all looks and sounds so good. Happy Easter! ~Steph