Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving with the Flesher's

Matt and I are so blessed and we have so many things to be thankful for. We celebrated 2 Thanksgivings this year. One here in Dallas with Matt's family and my mom and then another one in Houston with my extended family. Thanksgiving for Matt's family was at our house so I had the pleasure of fixing my first turkey!! I got a wonderful recipe for a basting and the turkey turned out so juicy....one of the best I have had I might say.

I am thankful for yummy desserts. Of course you can't have Thanksgiving with out good desserts with tons of calories. Here is my chocolate pumpkin cheesecake that I made. By the time everyone arrived the table was full of all kinds of pies.
We are thankful for good football and fun brother bonding time. I think Matt and Scott sat in this position ALL day as they watched every football game possible and then rented 2 movies and watched those.

Here is my sweet hubby carving our first turkey. He did a fine job I might add. Look how cute he looks in that apron!!


beautiful golden turkey....yum yum!! It is funny how much stuff you don't have and have to buy when you fix your first turkey....roasting pan, serving dish, meat thermometer, turkey bags, basting tool etc.....


I decorated my table in simple browns and greens. I had so much fun hosting Thanksgiving. I love starting and continuing family traditions. Now that I am married and have a home of my own it has been so fun to make things ours and to start traditions. I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving spent with friends and family. I am so thankful for everything the Lord has blessed our life with.

post signature

No comments: