Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July Neighborhood Parade

Matt and I love the 4th of July. It is such a day of celebration for our country and time spent with good food, family and friends. This year we started our day our by going to the neighborhood parade. All of the kids were so cute and Matt enjoyed seeing all the fixed up old cars. Here is a small taste of the parade. This is an old Richardson Fire dept. truck that they have restored. I liked it the most. It has an original old wooden ladder on the other side...it sure did not look very long:) It was neat to look at all the stuff they used to use. It is amazing now what a up to date fire truck looks like...they are so fancy now and have so much more stuff.




This man was adorable. He had a horn on his mini car that played little tunes for the parade. It was cracking me up. I love this kind of 4th spirit!!



I thought this little girl was so cute and she was really concentrating on riding her bike and keeping everything together. They had a little contest for best bike, car and dog of the parade and I think this little girl should have won!

We had a great 4th! After the parade we headed over to my friend Jennifer and Chris' house for Dylan's 2nd birthday party. It was a lot of fun and we enjoy spending time with them. This was the first year that Matt and I together or single had not gone to see fireworks. By the time the day was over I was beat and ready for bed. Hope all of you had a wonderful and safe holiday.

post signature

No comments: